Saturday, December 1, 2007

How to change,customize default phpmotion website logo?

If you are a new phpmotion video sharing script package admin and have no clue about how to replace the default website logo as seen in the picture below

to your own customized logo that reflects your site's business brand, something like the one you see in the picture below

All you have to do is create your own logo file, name it "phpmotion.gif" and replace the default phpmotion logo file named "phpmotion.gif" with your logo file.
The default phpmotion logo file "phpmotion.gif" is located in /phpmotion/images/ directory of your phpmotion installation.

One thing that you need to keep in mind that these file names are case sensitive if your installation is running on linux server.

Important--Please remember to even have the filenae extension in smallcase letters. So, the right filename would be "phpmotion.gif" and any file name like "phpmotion.GIF" or "PHPMOTION.gif" etc.. would not work if you are running your phpmotion video sharing script installation on a linux server.

12 comments:

Mr Jude said...

Thank you very much for this tip. I was struggling to know how to do this and I found your answer and your site. It worked.

If I want to create header banner can I do the same?

Also although I changed the phpmotion.gif logo to my logo, the hyperlink still goes to phpmption.com website, what to do so that the link goes to my homepage.

Rahul said...

Hi, Mr. Jude, thanks for reading, it feels nice to know that my post was helpful to you.

Here is how you can change the Hyperlink to point it to your website

Look for main_1.htm and main_2.htm , both these files are located in /www/templates/ directory of phpmotion installation.

Open these files one by one in your fav editor, find the hyperlink pointing to phpmotion and replace it with your own hyperlink.

Please let me know if it worked.

Thanks

Mr Jude said...

It worked again.

Now my logo is changed and hyperlinked back to my website.

Thanks, do you know that my webhosting wanted to chsrge me $20.00 for change the hyperlink?

Rahul said...

interesting, i guess i can earn my living out of this :)

Unknown said...

what about V2?

Rahul said...

V2? Lil explanation will help :) thanks

Mr Jude said...

Is there a way I can upload V2 on my own. My webhost wants to charge me $45.00 to do it

They want to charge me to do every evey sh**

Rahul said...

currently what version are you using? can i have a look at your current website?

Suresh said...

Hi how to change the footer which gives link to phpmotion ... can you tell me which class file i have to add, i searched for link in htm files, its not there. Please help me

Custom Logo Guru said...

Yes, Logo design is an important part of your business. It helps you achieve recognition.

Customized Logo

Unknown said...

Hello,
I a presuming logo.gif is the same as phpmotion.gif.
Can't work out how to replace my logo as I'm not sure how to replace mine with default logo.
Thank you.
Mo

Unknown said...


Just seen something that will help.
Mo